Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Whirlwind Adventure part 2

Remember when I said I saw the Lord's hand so much the past few weeks?  Here is why.  Everything fell into place EXACTLY, it was all just too perfect.  We fasted on Sunday for John to get a job, he had one by Monday.  The house got packed up super fast and we could leave early, turns out we did leave early.  We found an appartment just before we left, and they would let us in early.  Everything on the way here was just perfect.  Once we got here the miracles did not stop, though.  Part 2 is even more fun to tell.

John's insurance would start after his first day, but here is the catch, it would start on the first day of the first full month after he started.  If he had started on the 1st of April then we wouldn't have had insurance until May, but he was asked to start on the 31st, so we had insurance.  That worked out perfectly.  Next item, find a midwife.  That turned out to be kind of hard because no one could tell me if the midwife I had chosen would be covered under John's insurance.  I worked on this every day from the monday John started until Friday.  John told me ot go either way, but at 11:00 I had figured outt hat she was indeed covered.  Perfect timing. I had taken John to work that day so I loaded the kids in the car and we headed off to my appointment.  I was 38 weeks to the day.  It was about a 30 minuted drive and five minutes from the clinic I figured out I was having contractions, I had been since the night before.  Oh yeah, and they were really close together.  I told the nurse and she sent in my midwife who checked me.  I was dialated to a 4.5 and 80% effaced.  She called hospital security to come pick me up and get me to the hospital, I was in labor! Problem.  I had 3 kids with me and I had the car and no way to get ahold of John because I had dropped our cell whone somehwere on the way.  Great.  So much for everything working out, right?  Acutally it was pretty much perfect.  One of the nurses took charge of the children att he hospital while I got checked in and the clinic nurses were able to get ahold of John just as he fisnished up work to tell him I was in labor and what hosptial I was at.  The night before I jokingly told John I would try to go into labor so he wouldn't have to miss any work.  It was Friday and I was in labor, but still no John.  I was so close to delivery and praying he would make it, but I had no idea how since I had the car and he was 45 minutes away.  It turns out John had made friends witha couple at work.  They gave him a ride to the hospital and also took our kids.  John got there about 1/2 hour before Abigail was born.  Again everything worked out perfectly.  John nailed it on the head when he tole me Thursday that as soon as we got the insurance taken care of the baby would come, and she was here withina  day.
Even when it seemed like things were not working out, how could I be in labor with three kids and no husband, the Lord was watching out for us and linig everything up perfectly.  I have felt and seen His hand in my life daily for a long time, but never have I seen and felt His hand so much as I have the last two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment