Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Let the Adventure continue

I tell my kids that a bad attitude is like a flat tire, you don't get very far until you change it.  I need a minute to change my own flat tire here...ok, I'm good, thanks.  I have been stuck in a rut for the past few days.  I am pretty sure it is mostly doe to the baby blues I get for a few weeks after each baby, it won't last long and then I'll be back to my cheeky self again.  Until then I'll have to look at it as a challenge.
Today was tough.  I was running some errands and stressing about...pretty much everything.  I realized that my bad attitude was interferring with my ability to do the will of Heavenly Father.  I was spending so much time focusing on all the things I don't like here and all of the people I miss back in Utah that I was not focusing on finding people to serve, opportuinites to be a missionary and all of the reasons that I was so excited to move out of state.
I have really been looking forward to going to church.  At first I was aching for something familiar, and I still do, but now I am looking forward tot he spiritual recharge I will get, the calling I am sure is going to come, and the request to speak in sacrament meeting that won't be too far in the future I am sure.  I have worked really hard the last 2 years to be more outgoing and comfortable in my own skin.  It is that which I have worked so hard for that will help me to be a light to others, to serve, love, and do as Heavenly Father would have me do.  I am here because He sent me here and I can't wait to put down some roots and really bloom, even if it is only temporary.
So, good bye to my bad attitude and hello new challenge and adventure.  I love adventures, and I even love challenges.  I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment