Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Whirlwind Adventure part 1

Oh boy, where to start.  The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity, tornado may be a more accurate discription, and I have barley had time to breath.  I promised myself I'd take a few minutes today though because 1. friends have been waiting to hear all about it, and 2. I see too much of the Lord's hand in the last two weeks to fail sharing it all.
As you know, John has been in Virginia since Thanksgiving.  After the training they were going to find him a job and we knew that once they did we would have to get all packed up and go REALLY fast.  On the 24 of March he called me to say he had a job, they wanted him to start on the 31.  He told me he would not have time to come back because the company wanted him to stay in VA until Thursday and finish up some work and paperwork.  The plan was that I would get everything packed up with help from the Re;ief ociety and drive the kids out with his mom on Monday.  Women came en mass and packed like crazy people!  By Wednesday morning my friend asked why we didn't leave earlier since everything was getting packed up so fast.  I was still planing on leaving Monday so my mother in law could drive out with me and then Wednesday evening I got home after an afternoon of errands to find John!  He totally surprised me, I was shocked!  Well, that changed everything. We had to get packed up and out by Friday to get John to Indiana in time to start work the next Monday.  We still didn't have an appartment, but by Thursday I had found one, they would even let un in early, on the 30 so we didn't have to stay in a motel for a few days until April 1.  Everything was so crazy rushed I didn't get to see my brother before I left, and I bet some friends asked after me and I was already gone.  :)  We got everything packed and loaded and Friday afternoon we took off.  We made it as far as Laremy, WY that night, depressingly close to Utah, but we did get to stop and see my mom and dad so it was good.  The next morning we got started at 8:30 and drove until 12:30 before we stopped in Des Moines, IA.  Sunday morning we got going at 8:00 and arrived here in Fishers at about 6:00.  Thank goodness the nice lady in the office stayed and hour after so we could get into our appartment.  A group of men from the ward and the missionaries were waiting to help us unload the truck and car and taht was done by the end of the night.  The next day John would start work.  Here are a few pictures we took on the way.
Rock climbing for a few minutes right before we left Wyoming

There were so many cool things to see and fun places to visit, it would have been fun to take a few weeks and make it a vacation road trip.

The sunrise Sunday morning.  I had nver seen the sun rise without mountains blocking the view.

Benajmin had been looking forward to seeing the Mississippi river for months so we stopped to take a closer look.

A quick stop at the park for Lunch on Sunday before we made the last leg of the journey.


And finally these strange things we begane to see in IL.  They mark the touwns and each has the town name painted on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment