Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Famailair and comforting

So many things are different here in Indaiana, so different from Utah.  The grass is always wet and soggy, the air is wet, the wind is crazy and it is often windy.  There are a lot of thunderstorms, a lot of rain, most of my neighbors are not memebers of my church and they don't use the grid system!  There are not any mountians, there are tons of trees and so many different kinds, oh the list is endless.  That is why I was looking forward to church this week.
Walking in the building looked like most of the church buildings in Utah.  The bishop sat up on the stand and one of his councelors conducted.  We took the sacrament, heard a few speakers and sang songs from the same hymn books as in Utah.  Then we went to Sunday school and the kids to primary, after that John went to Elders wuarum and I went ot Releife Society.  Three hours, just like Utah.  In a new state, in  new home, surrounded my new people I felt so much peace and comfort in the famair gospel.  No matter where I go the same gospel principals will be taught, the same oraganization exists, and I will even have the same lessons as my friends in Utah, my mom in Wyoming, or my friend in Denmark.  I am so very grateful for a worlwide church so that no matter where I am I can sit and learn about Jesus Christ and come closer to Him.  There is comfort in the familair, and peace in knowing God will be where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment