Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sledding

Two of my goals for this year was to spend more quality time with my kids and to say "yes" more often and "no" less often.  That is how we ended up going sledding even though there isn't much snow.  We had a couple awesome storms before Christmas, but then nothing since.  The super cold temps have kept most of the snow around though so there was enough snow for sledding.  It might be more accurate to say there were some nice ice patches for sledding.  :)  Because of those two goals when Glen asked to go sledding I made a plan to do it the next day no matter what, instead of putting it off like I normally do.  I think there is something special in granting a request as soon as you can instead of waiting for a good time.  Anyway, we went to this little park near our house that has small hills just right for little people and pregnant mommy.  Why don't I let the pictures do the talking?

Elizabeth enjoyed being pulled around as much as she enjoyed going down the hill.



An attempt to all go down together, not a good idea. :)

Elizabeth went on her own,

And loved it.



Once Glen learned to steer he managed to hit this bump again and again,


My belly is like a sled.

It was slick and icy enough they didn't even need sleds.

I went down like a horse!
Making the goal to spend more time with my kids has led to some of the best days for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment