Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, December 4, 2011

This is warm?

 We have been taking advantage of the last warm days of the year...by warm I mean 40-50.  We have been getting in the last scooter and bike rides we will get before the snow covers the ground and it gets to cold to do more then a quick walk around the block or we have to stay inside.  Now that Glen has learned to ride his little bike it's all he wants to do, it makes it even more hard for him to be cooped up inside because of the cold.  Benjamin as you can see is learning to ride a scooter.
These two boys are so full of energy that being stuck inside is really hard for them.  They play outside even when it is cold and snowy, but it's just not the same.  They have to wear coats (which they hate) it still gets cold, and jumping on a trampoline covered in snow isn't as much fun.  They would spend all day outside when it was warm.  they spent so much time in the pool, sprinklers, on the trampoline, and going on walks that it was hard to drag them in for anything short of more Popsicles.   We are mourning the loss of our dear friend summer.  At least the local mall has a free play area and with my gym membership they get to go to the daycare while I work out.  They get new toys and friends and I get a work out and a break.  It's perfect.
I have noticed that my blog has changed.  It used to be all about my kids with an occasional mommy or daddy thrown in, and every now and then a spiritual thought.  I have shared more and more about my journey as a mother and it has slowly turned into a blog less about my kids and more about me as I undertake this adventure called motherhood.  In a way I cannot help it, being a mother has changed me.  I am no longer the person I used to be.  As my children have grown and learned I have grown and learned things right along side them.  We are learning together in this journey, this wonderful adventure.  So stick with me and I will try to put in more cute stories and fun pictures, but stick around for the learning and growing part too, because if you are a mom you can understand that, can't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment