Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, December 12, 2011

Struggles

 I am really struggling right now.  Tears, sadness, all that.  You see, we told Glen that he could not go to school unless he was potty trained and now that he is potty trained he really wants to go.  The idea of school really got him motivated.  I am now regretting my choice of rewards.  It's not that I do not want him ot go to school, I think that pre-school would be a great thing for him.  He loves learning, he would make friends, he is so smart and has such a strong desire to go how can I not let him?  But then I think of him leaving me, I think of missing him when he is gone.  I won't be his hero and his best friend any more.  I wont be his world. How *can* I let him go?  How can I let go?  This is so pathetic, I know.  He would only be gone for like half a day 2-3 days a week, but it's hard just thinking about it.  I have thought of home schooling, but I feel that it is best for Glen to go to school where he can be with peers, learn from new people, make new friends, and have different choices.  Knowing it is right for him and best for him, and how much he will love it does not make the thought of separation any easier.  He is my buddy, my joker, my reader, my angel.  I think I'm going to cry again.Well, chin up, mommy, it's not the end of the world.  He is going to go out there and learn so much, then he will come home and tell me all about it and we will learn together and take new journeys.  This is all part of growing up and we will both love it once we get used to it.  He will still be my buddy, my reader and my angel, even if his friend does know more then boring old mom.  *sniff* Really?  If I am crying now just thinking about it, what a mess I will be his first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment