Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Inseparable

These two boys are inseparable.  They do everything together. They do not sleep well unless they are in the same room, they are always playing together--as in together, not next to each other--they even sit in time out together.  This picture has a story that I love.  Benjamin had just been sent to time out for hitting.  He had hit Glen really hard and Glen was crying and very upset.  I sent Benjamin to time out and he started crying.  Well then Glen gets mad at me for making Benjamin cry and went to sit next to him to comfort him and tell him it was ok.  They really have such a strong bond.
Today was Glen's first day in primary.  He is old enough for the sun beams class (Sunday school for 3-4 year olds) and his group is slowly transitioning out of nursery (Sunday school/play time for 1 1/2- 3 year olds)  Glen did not want to go in, he, like all kids, does not like change.  He started having fun singing the songs and playing the bells with the other kids and he liked seeing some of his older friends in Primary. He was having fun and then he slumped down in his chair and looked really sad.  He leaned over to me and whispered "I want my brother."  Nearly broke my heart.  I think the hardest part of going to primary is that he will not be in the same class as his brother any more.  Growing up can be so tough, but I know he will really enjoy primary once he gets used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment