Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, December 16, 2011

Choose your words wisely

I have discovered again why it is best not to judge.  You see, we never know exactly what is going on when someone says or does something.  Even if we happen to know the situation we do not know the thoughts, intents, or heart of anyone.  I made a mistake today, I said something without knowing all of the information and I quickly regretted it.  But as easily as words can be deleted off of Facebook, they cannot be taken back.    I am upset with myself for what I said because I realized after getting more information that what I said would come come across as hurtful, not what I had intended.  So I tried to make it better.  I apologized and explained myself.  Then to make matters even worse some one said something to me that was hurtful because she did not have all of the information concerning what I had said.  Now not only do I feel bad for what I said, but for what she said to me. 
None of this will make any sense to you I am sure, I just needed to get my feeling out before I burst.  I am a very feeling person and so I deeply feel my mistakes, but to have them rubbed in my face hurts me so much more.  I must learn to choose my words wisely.  I came across a quote recently that I love. "Be careful of words and hearts, because once spoken words cannot be taken back, and once broken hearts are hard to mend."  I didn't get it exactly right, but you get the jist.  Be careful what you say is what I really get out of it.  My words cannot be taken back and they can hurt someone.  Next time I feel like saying that is not pure love, I will think harder about it and if it could hurt someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment