Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Missing Fishers

Today I started to think about all of the things I miss about living in Fishers, Indiana.  I have to admit that living there was not the greatest experience of my life, it was incredibly challenging and full of struggles, but I cannot ignore the good either.  So I started to put together a list of all that I miss, I know it won't be complete, but it was nice to sit and think of all the good for a few minutes.
I miss the humidity,
I miss the giant field we used to play in,
Evening soccer games with the kids,
Oooh, having two swimming pools.
I miss all of the home school resources and that amazing library.
I miss Kim and her fur babies.  I miss watching the boys play fetch with them until both dogs and boys were so tired they laid down in the grass to rest together.
I miss my work out class with all those fun ladies.
I miss Carmen,
and Daniell and her girls, her whole family,
I miss Swetha and Priya and all the friends I made over there.
I miss the smell of Indian food and get togethers with good friends that also included good food. :)
I miss the diversity of people, and getting to know more about and learnimg to love Hindus, Muslims, and Christians all the same.
I miss the sound of cicadas and chasing fireflies at night.
I miss the bug hunts and the giant spiders.  (I do not miss the mosquitoes.)
I miss the thunder storms and playing in the warm rain with my kids.
I miss the summer BBQs at the park with the Methodist church down the street and how everyone would talk about religion without worrying they would offend someone.  
I miss the missionaries.  I miss feeding them and chatting with them and being the go to home away from home.
I miss the smell of summer nights as we sat on our deck and just talked.

I guess even the hardest time in my life was also the best time in my life. So many of those experiences never would have happened here in Utah.  I have so many wonderful, sweet memories, and I cherish them all.













1 comment:

  1. What a good example you are of focusing on the positive amongst the negative! I need to be better at that myself.

    ReplyDelete