Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tough questions, easy answers

Yesterday and today I asked my kids some kind of scary questions.  I thought for sure they would have plenty to say, but once again they showed me that I'm not doing that bad.  I asked them what their favorite thing about me is, what their favorite thing to do with me is, what they don't like about me and what they would change if they could change one thing about me.  The answers surprised and moved me.
Their favorite thing about me- Benjamin said "Your smile" Glen said "That you let me play at the park."
Their favorite thing to do with me is- Benjamin said "Cuddle on the couch." Glen said "Play at the park with you."
They don't like- Benjamin said "I can't think of anything." Glen said "That we are so the same. Same eye color, same hair."
If they could change one thing about me it would be- Benjamin said "You would not hurt so much." (he said he was referring to the pain in my body) Glen said "You would read to me more.
I did wait until they were in good moods to ask, other wise, I'm sure they would have had plenty to say!  :)
But they didn't have one comment about how often I say no. No mention of yelling, they didn't call me mean, or any of the other million things I beat myself up for on a daily basis.  I need to learn to be more gentle with myself, gentle like my kids are.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! It's times like those, it's easy to understand exactly why Christ taught us to be more like little children.

    ReplyDelete