Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, April 24, 2016

relearning lessons

"Over the last year I have learned so much, I cannot even begin to list off everything I have learned.  I have learned to let go of the little things that are unimportant so that I can cherish what is.  I have learned to be less of a stickler about bedtime and cuddle more.  I have learned to hold onto my babies because soon enough they are going to pull away and run off on their own.  I have finally learned to make the mundane divine as I work backstage to keep the house running, the kids happy and fed, and be everyone's personal cheerleader.  I have learned to be less selfish so that I have more of myself to give.  I learned that I didn't move out here to save the world, I moved out here so God could save my world, my family.  I have learned to dance in the rain, figuratively and literally, and I have learned that when storms come the safest thing to do is to hold on to my family for dear life!"

I wrote that last April.  I need to relearn those lessons.  Motherhood is a wonderful and beautiful experience, but sometimes the beauty gets buried under the mountain of laundry and dishes.  The wonder of it all gets lost along with shoes and socks and I forget how to enjoy my journey.  Well, today I am recommitting to finding that joy.  I will relearn those lessons again this month, and again as often as I need to.

1 comment:

  1. You have a way with words, Ruth! After 21 years of being a mom, I'm still having to constantly figure out ways to relearn how to find joy in the trenches of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete