Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

That's not a good idea

Today for family scripture study we read about Lehi leaving all of his gold and precious things and his home to take his family into the wilderness. (1 Nehpi chapter 2) To try and bring it home I asked Glen what he thought of the idea of leaving all of his toys, books, and horses and we left our home with only food and clothes.  He got this look of sadness on his face, like I had really asked him to do it, and said "That's not a good idea."  Then I tested him.  I told him that Lehi was sad to leave too and it must have been hard to leave all of his toys, money, friends and home, but the Lord told him to because Jerusalem was going to be destroyed.  I asked him if he would leave if Heavenly Father asked him to.  His response really surprised me.  He said, "If Heavenly Father asked me to leave all of my books and horses and only take food and clothes and leave my home it would be hard, but I would do it if Heavenly Father asked me to.  And he would help me."
Wow, some times I wonder if Glen has stronger faith then I do.  Would I be able to leave all of my precious things, my friends and my home to go somewhere I had never heard of or been?  Would I complain or have faith?  Sometimes Glen really inspires me to be a better person.  To have more faith, be more forgiving, and kinder.  I feel so blessed to have his inspiring example to help me.  Sometimes I think he teaches me more then I teach him.

No comments:

Post a Comment