Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, January 13, 2012

Life today

Me: I don't like being in pictures very much, few women do, but I like this one.  After my kids were born I was a size 20.  Eventually I got down to 18, but I kind of just stayed there and everyone told me "Oh you have kids, you will never be skinny again."  I am a very determined person and if you tell me I cannot do something you can bet your buttons I will do it!  So I came across a gym membership, started paying more attention to what I eat and how much and now I am down to a size 12 and still dropping.  SO I say to you other moms who don't like the way you feel and look, don't give up, you can do it!  My goal was to have the energy to keep up with my kids, but I have found so many more advantages.
Oh ya, and I am going to start being a Mary Kay consultant to make a little extra money.  Again with the determination.  I wanted to do it for a little play money, but some one had to go and tell me I couldn't make good money doing it.  Now I am out to prove them wrong.  I'll keep you posted.
John: John is waiting to hear back on whether he got a job he applied for.  He has applied for so many and is having such a hard time finding a job.  He has a part time job right now, but this would be a career a big boy job if you know what I mean.  We are keeping our fingers crossed.  If he gets this job it mean big things for us, big changes.  We could move to a bigger place and have more kids, he would have a job he loves working with people he already knows and likes, and it would be a lot less stress for all of us.
Glen: Glen is crazy and sill and smart as a whip.  We have made a time each day for learning time.  He is learning to write and read more words.  He learns about 2-4 new words every day and just blows me away.  He is so smart and so funny, he loves to joke and tell stories.  I'll put one of the stories he told today and give you a glimpse of his imagination.
"Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess named Horsemaker.  One day Horsemaker was walking in the forest when a tree fell on her and broke her leg.  So her father gave her a new leg, a big one like his.  Then another tree and broke her other leg so her father gave her another big leg.  Now she was big and strong like her father, except her legs didn't have any toes.  They had been cut off by Abigail the goblin."
That is my 3 year old.  =D  Oh, Glen also started into Primary last week.  He was a little nervous at first, but he loves his class and teacher.
Benjamin: Benjamin is as sweet as ever.  I don't know what I would do without his hugs.  He is so cute.  He will just walk up to you and wrap his arms around whatever part he can reach.  He is a big hugger.  During meals he will lean over and hug whoever is closest, sticky hands and all.
He idolizes his brother, goes where he goes, does what he does, says what he does.  But they get along well and enjoy having a play mate. Speaking of Benjamin, he is crying right now so I better go get him.  See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment