Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fun story

So I was just thinking today, remembering some fun times.  You know what never fails to make me giggle?  Thinking about being pregnant with Benjamin.  When I announced it in church and told my midwife are some of the funnest memories I have.  I thought I'd just share them here.
First off, I didn't find out I was pregnant for nearly 6 months.  I know, your thinking, "Seriously?  How can that be?"  Denial mostly.  See, people tell you nursing is great birth control, but they never tell you it is only birth control for 6 months and only if you nurse your baby EVERY 2 hours without missing a single one.  So when my husband asked me if I was pregnant I told him no it wasn't possible.  Then I felt the baby kick, like really kick and I took a test just to see.  Yup.  A few days later I announced it in Relief Society (The LDS women's church group) and got the usual congratulations, when are you due?  I told them my due date, in 3 months, and every one did a double take.  Hehe, ya that was good, it really got every one interested.  :)
I think my visit with the midwife was even more fun though.  Here is about how it went.
"So you think your pregnant?"
"I know I am."
"OK, when did you find out?"
"Last week."
"And how far along do you think you are?"
"About 6 months."
"...ok, well let's just do a  test, ok?"
So she gave me the test, it came back positive, and she assured me I wasn't that far along.  She pulled out her little ultra sound thing  to try to find a heart beat and Benjamin kicked so hard the wand jumped off my belly and we could both see it.  She believed me then and sent me for another ultra sound that confirmed I was pretty far along, but only about 5 1/2 months.
I remember thinking how glad I was to not have to wait so long, I mean 9 months?  It seems like forever when you are so excited about a new baby.  But those last 3 months just crawled.  But he came, and Benjamin has been such a joy in my life.  His smiles, hugs and kisses, his imagination.  He is my boy and I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment