Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

An answer to prayers

Sorry it's been so long folks, I have been a busy lady.  I just joined Mary Kay as a consultant--but let me start at the beginning.  When John and I got married I heard a talk by Elder Henry B. Eyering and he promised that any couple who pays a full and honest tithe will find a way for mother to stay at home with the children.  I wanted that, I wanted to be a stay at home mom.  I claimed that blessing, we have always paid a full and honest tithe and I have expected that some how it would work.  I know the Lord keeps his promises and I knew he would help us find a way.  I has been tough, super tough.  I stopped trying to figure out how it worked because there was no way, but somehow I have been able to stay home with our boys.
Lately I have been getting kind of tired of the tough part.  I'm not trying to complain here, I know I am so blessed, but I felt so stressed and worried much of the time.  Where would we get the money for clothes, diapers, was there going to be enough for rent.  I got tired of always telling my kids "No, we don;t have the money."  And I want another child so badly, but there just isn't enough money for another.  About a year ago I started feeling like I needed to do something to bring some money in.  I still wanted to stay home and felt like I needed to to and that I could.  The Lord was not telling me to put the kids in day care and find full time work.  So I searched and I thought of all kinds of ways.  The problem was that I couldn't find anything that would let me stay home AND still spend time with my kids.  Then my sister in law asked me to come to some Mary Kay thing with her.  I had been thinking about it, but I don't do make up or fancy clothes and I wasn't wild about the idea.  Until I learned more, that is.  I was sold that first night.  I felt nervous thought, I have heard a lot of bad things about Mary Kay and I didn't want to make a mistake that could cost us money we didn't have.  So I prayed about it and I got a really good feeling, and now?  Now I am determined to take this opportunity the Lord has led me to, because I feel like He has truly led me here, and I am going to make it work, I am going to succeed.  I can feel His guidance still and I am grateful to find something that I can do to stay home with my kids.  My favorite part?  Part time at Mary Kay is 6 hours, and full time is 12-15 hours.  Full time is half of my husbands part time schedule and I can do that while the kids nap and after they go to bed.  I am just so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment