Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, April 25, 2011

Little moments

Baking cookies together, waving to the garbage truck, blowing bubbles and watching the kids chase them. Discovering worms for the first time, watching clouds and finding shapes. Finger painting. Smiles, tickles, hugs and kisses. One more bedtime story, singing songs together. Seeing the wonder in their eyes.
There are 100 little moments every day that make me love bing a mom. Taking time to see those little moments, telling my mommy side to take a break and let the kids play in the mud or struggle to figure something out can be hard, but when I see those little moments that often come from sitting back and letting them discover and learn, even when it is a struggle...those moments make my whole day worth it. The stress melts away with a hugs and a bug wet kiss. The toughest day can suddenly seem like the best day after hearing that little voice whisper "I love you, mommy." in the dark. At the end of the day I am so grateful to be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment