Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

18 months



A little late I know, but here it is. Benjamin is 18 months old now, he is growing up so fast.
Just before he turned 18 months I gave Benjamin his first haircut. I put it off as long as possible because it seems like the first haircut is the milestone that takes my kids from baby to big boy. They just looks so much older and there is no turning back. Silly I know, but he will never be a baby again, although he will always be my baby boy.
Benjamin didn't really like the razor, the noise bugged him and the buzzing tickled his head. One side is a little longer then the other because before I finished he let me know in no uncertain terms that HE was done. Oh well, he still looks so handsome.

We threw Benjamin an unbirthday party because on his first birthday he was still very sick and
he didn't enjoy much of anything. Benjamin was so sick for the first year and a fe
w months of life that we nearly lost him more then once, I did not fully realize how sick he was until much later when he got better. He played, learned, laughed, talked, and enjoyed everything. He didn't spend everyday throwing up or just laying in my arms. I thank the Lord that he survived, he is a miracle.
He
sure loved the cake we made him. We made cupcakes and frosted half to look like different balls since he loves balls and the other half was frosted to look like a bat (thanks to my friend Miranda who made my "creation" look like a bat instead of a club. :)
Benjamin has discovered true love, ,in the form of ketchup. He doesn't even need it on food, he will take it straight from a cup or use a spoon. Often he just uses the food as a spoon and sucks the ketchup off after he had scooped it up not even taking a bite. He lives for ketchup. He wants it at every meal and snack and he wants it on everything, even fruit or PB&J's One day at lunch he wasn't eating very well (and he is a BIG eater ) so I put some ketchup on his plate, and he went from picking at it to eating it faster then I had ever seen him eat. Ketchup completes any meal for Benjamin.

No comments:

Post a Comment