Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, May 9, 2016

I know the scriptures are true!

Did you know that the calcium in milk is really good for your bones, but make sure to drink low fat because fat is bad for you.  No way, milk is the reason for osteoporosis, it leeches the calcium from your bones and by the way fat is really good for you.  Ok, but I know you should start feeding babies solid food at four months, make sure to use rice cereal.  No!  You should let them exclusively nurse until they are 6 months at which point you should introduce them to real foods not processed junk.  But what if I can't nurse my babies?  Then use formula, no use goat milk it more closely simulates your milk.  If you don't exercise for at least 15 minutes at a time then it doesn't do you any good.  It does too, any physical activity is good for you.  Sun screen helps prevent skin cancer.  Sun screen prevents our bodies from developing a natural defense against the sun, making us more prone to sun burns.  You have to immunize to avoid deadly diseases. No way, immunizations cause autism and they have mercury in them, that's poison.  You shouldn't brush with fluoride, it's a poison and banned in Switzerland.  Fluoride helps prevent cavities, it's good for you.
Noticing a pattern?
I love to learn!  I love learning so much that whenever I find something interesting I research it.  However I have discovered that the internet is a HUGE source of information, so huge in fact, that you can find a reputable source to back up any opinion or idea you have.  In a world so saturated with information, often contradicting, sometimes I feel like I'll drown.  How can I know what is right?  How can I know what is true? In a generation of Google how can I know?
I know the scriptures are true!  I know that I can always find answers in the scriptures and that that information will never contradict itself.  I also know that the spirit testifies of the truthfulness of all things, even of the truthfulness of diets and immunizations.  With the spirit of God I can discern between truth and error, I can separate fact from fiction.   I am grateful that in such an overwhelming world of information I can always turn to the scriptures, to the Lord, and to personal revelation for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment