Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Home school again

Hi, I'm a home school mom.  If you know me, you know I talk about it a lot. I mean, A LOT!  I'm not trying to tell you that you should home school just because I do, but can you blame me?  It's my life.  All day long.  Every weekend.  Every holiday.  Home school is always on my mind. Maybe it's because I'm so passionate about learning, maybe it's because we go to school 12 hours a day. Every day.  Yep, you heard me.  12.  Hours.  We go to the school of life so every day is a school day and everything we experience is a lesson.  Sometimes we are sitting at our table to learn, but usually we are playing, and experimenting, and reading.  Shall we get to the point?  Good.
Summer is nearly upon us.  When school gets out for three glorious months.  Seems like a waste of three perfectly good months to me.  I mean we have the Olympics this year, super fun!  How about the 4th of July?  Who can miss out on a great lesson about the founding fathers, the constitution, and the revolutionary war?  The way I see it there are way too many good things to miss out on to take the summer off.  Cooking lessons, and typing, Algebra with Daddy, and the sewing lessons they have been begging for.  What about some good old science as we go rock hounding and hiking?  Vacations can be some of the most fun lessons all year.  Remember when I said I think about home school all the time?  Yep.  Seriously.  I was thinking about this months ago.  I could see summer looming and I could just hear the boys saying "But none of my friends are in school during the summer."  So I nipped it in the bud back in early April.  I told them we have school every day, did I tell you about the physics lesson that Sunday at the park?  I have been getting really excited for summer school as we will call it and so are they. They are looking forward to some out of the ordinary lessons,like sewing, and they don't feel like they are missing out.  They will still have TONS of time to play, but those super hot afternoon hours will not be wasted with movies and video games!  This is going to be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment