Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, December 9, 2013

Two boys and breakfast

Sunday morning we all slept in.  I know right?  It happens occasionally.  Anyway, Benjamin came in and asked if I was ready to wake up.  I told him I would if he cuddled with me for a few minutes.  I ended up falling back asleep and I thought Benjamin did too.  About 1/2 hour later he came back in and said in the sweetest little voice "I made breakfast for you mommy, come see."  I got up, wide awake and very curious now, to see he had gotten out his almond milk.  I asked him what he made and he said cereal, but he needed help getting out the cereal and bowls that were up high and the cow milk that was too heavy.  We got everything all set up and sat down to eat.  He then asked "Do you know why I made breakfast for you?  Because I though you might want to sleep a little more."  I just about melted into a puddle right then and there.  So sweet!
This morning I got the same treatment.  Glen insisted that he make breakfast since I was not feeling well.  I always get a slight cough when pregnant and he heard me coughing.  He went into the kitchen and made cinnamon toast, apple sauce, and carrots "Because we need vegetables" and let's not forget the chocolate milk.
Some days these two get my blood really boiling, but most days they just melt my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment