Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Portal cake

Happy birthday Jacob!  This is half of his portal cake.  When I showed it to him I told him the candle sings "I'm still alive" and he asked if I was serious to which I replied, "No, it's a lie."  And that my friends are all of the portal references I will use for now.
The cake, the glowing portal, even the song are all from the game Portal.  It's pretty fun if you like puzzles, or infinite high fives, and stealing your friends robot head to use as a ball.  Ok, that was the last one, just for my husband, I promise.
Making this cake kept me pretty cheerful all day.  In the morning my baking buddy Benjamin helped me bake it and then I decorated it after the kids were all home and entertaining the baby.  :)
Since I promised not to use any more Portal references that you might now understand I have to stop writing because I can't stop making references, and I did, after all make a promise.  A promise which conveniently enough I could just delete.  Ah well, what more is there to say?  I did make Jacob hunt down the other half, just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment