Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm going to enjoy this

I'm a pretty independent woman, I like being able to do stuff on my own.  I think it stems from this idea I got in high school that I wasn't as good as boys because i was a girl.  In college I worked in facilities maintenance.  It was a predominately male group I worked with and some times the boys would tell me to sit back and let them handle the work.  Some women might enjoy that, but I hated it.  To me it was another way for them to say I wasn't as good as them.  There were a couple who actually thought that, but I showed them by becoming their boss :)  The rest were just trying to be nice.  John is like that, he is nice.  I know it's silly, but it used to bug me when he would lift heavy things for me or help me when I didn't need it.  He did it all the time when I was pregnant with Glen and Benjamin and it bugged me!  I mean I was pregnant, not broken!  I decided a few months ago that next time I was pregnant I was going to sit back and relax when he told me to.  I would enjoy it instead of resent it.  Yup.  That's what I'm doing.  He is cleaning the house today and he told me to sit down and rest.  I am definitely enjoying this!  :D  There will be plenty of times when I have to work hard, when I am told to take it easy I am going to say "Thank you very much" and enjoy it!  Excuse me while I go grab a book and find a seat on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment