Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another moment


I had another moment today, one of those times when I stop and think about life. It was while I was giving the boys a bath after dinner. Benjamin stood up and pressed his hand against the shower door and I could see his hand print through the door. I thought "His little hands won't be little forever, I wish I could keep them like that." I thought of getting a pad of ink and preserving his hand print forever. There are times when I wish they would stop growing for just a little while. I wish I had more time to enjoy them while they are small. I just can't get enough. I am beginning to understand why memories are so very precious. These two sweet things will not stay small for long and before I know it all I will be left with will be my memories. I will gather all the memories I can, put them in journals, photo albums, and my memory and hold on to them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment