Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I finally did it

I finally worked up the courage to give Glen his first hair cut. It's not that I'm bad at cutting hair, I just loved the little curl he had at the back of his head. I couldn't bring myself to cut it...until I was giving him a bath tonight and saw that it was longer then his shoulders, the front was to his eye brows and the sides were below his ears. It was time.
I took the first snip while he was occupied in the tub, that way the curl was wet and curly. Then I finished up while he ate a snack before bed. It looks pretty good, not awesome because he moved a lot, but pretty darn good if I may say so.
From here on out the hair cuts will be easier, right? It's just the first one that gets mom's. I cut out a little heart and wrote "Glen's 1st haircut" and the date. Then I taped his curl to it so that it will stay in the curl. Hey, if John can make me save his umbilical cord, ewe, then I can save a little bit of hair.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Darren wanted to save Peter's umbilical cord too, and I thought the same thing: Eww. Then he looked at me funny when I wanted to save locks from Peter's first haircut.
    Must be a Hansen thing. :)

    ReplyDelete