Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wow!

Wow! All I can say is wow! You will see why in the next, I don't know, 10 posts or so. Let me tell you what happened. My good friend Miranda called me up last night and says "Hey, Ruth, I know it's short notice and all, but I have tickets to this choir thing. Do you want to go with me." I decide to go, John practicably kicked me out of the house for a girls night, but I had no idea what I was in for. It's not until I am down town standing in a huge long line that I start wondering what this event is. Then I think of the date, the five mile long lines, and the fact that it is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I had unwittingly gotten tickets to the event of the year. I, and just about every one of my in laws, tried to get tickets to "Ring Christmas Bells," but no one had gotten any. Then out of the blue my friend has some, not even really knowing how terrific they are and invites me. Wow! Am I glad John kicked me out of the house, and told me I better go have fun. I could have died when i found out. Then Miranda starts telling me about her friend or co-worker who was in the Choir and she has hook-ups and I'm just like, wow! yeah, wow!
So stay tuned for more on this fabulous performance. I took careful notes so I could tell my sister in law LaChelle all about it. I knew how much she wanted to go, and others, and when I found myself sitting in the conference center I pulled out paper and pen so I could record the event and write all about it. More about "Ring Christmas Bells" comming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Ruth! I'm so happy you got to go! I actually got to go too... My sister's husband knew a lady who had some tickets, and so they somehow ended up with us! It was an awesome concert, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat is so cool that you got to go. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :) Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete