Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fed Up!

I feel the need to vent a bit so skip this if you want.

I am absolutely fed up with all of the political correctness that is going around, it makes me sick. Christmas is a prime example. It offends non-Christians to have this holiday called Christmas so people want to call it the holiday instead. I am sorry if you are offended by me sticking with Christmas, but hear me out first. I am a Christian, Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ, therefor the name. If you are a non-Christian and want to celebrate another holiday be my guest, I will not stop you. I believe that all mean and women have the right to choose what they will or will not believe. I will not stop you, so please do not stop me. I have noticed a trend in those that ask for tolerance, for the most part they are not tolerant of others. A holiday that celebrated the birth of Christ should be called Christmas, a holiday commemorating Pioneers should be called Pioneer Day. I really think that the political correctness trend is doing more harm then good. Take for example Santa saying ho ho ho, he is now supposed to say ha ha ha so as not to offend. If you are offended by ho ho ho, you may need to take a look at your own life, not Santa's. I am boycotting political correctness because it is just so puerile.

2 comments:

  1. hear hear! I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Silly, silly political correctness. Nobody gets uptight when you say Hannukah or Ramadan, or Yom Kippur (maybe because they're more fun to say!). It's really mostly a vendetta against anything that smacks of Christianity. People can be so silly...

    ReplyDelete