Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, December 5, 2008

Prayer

I fell asleep while the kids were napping and I had a pretty cool dream that I want to tell you about. Usually I have really strange dreams about cow-llamas or swimming a pair of boots across the ocean, but occasionally the Lord speaks to me through a dream. I think this is one of those occasions.
I was eating in a restaurant with my family and my brother was asked to pray over the food. Being the considerate person that he is he wanted to make sure no one would be offended if we prayed so he asked every one else in the restaurant if it would be okay with them. There was a couple sitting close to us that was excited and wanted to participate in the prayer. I had the feeling that the gentleman would feel uncomfortable, but he seemed excited and so we included them. Andrew had not said more then a few words of the prayer when the man stood up and stopped him. He told my brother how weird it was that we were all closing our eyes and kneeling. The rest of the people in the company started saying no one was kneeling and standing up for the way we pray.
In my dream I remembered a book I had read and knew the Lord wanted me to tell him about what I had read. I told him that you do not have to be kneeling or close your eyes to pray, you do not have to say special words or say specific things. I saw in his eyes a hunger to know that God hears him and so I told him that Heavenly Father knows him personally and hears his prayers. Prayer is talking to God and that no matter what he says or how he prays Heavenly Father hears him.
I do not know why I had this dream, but I do know that Heavenly Father does know us each by name, we are his children. And I know that no matter what we say or how we pray He hears our prayers. He listens to us, cares for us, and loves us. Wen we pray we talk to Him and He so wants to hear from us. I know he listens to our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment