Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, December 12, 2008

Imperfect and Perfect Love

I wanted to share a pretty awesome experience I had recently that has helped me to understand why heavenly Father wants us to get married and have kids. I think there are some things you can only learn as a spouse or parent. Let me share some thing I have learned.
Glen has just gotten his first two teeth. For a while there my little guy was really miserable. One night as I put him to bed and listened to him cry my heart just hurt. I wanted so much to make him feel better, to take his pain away so he could feel well, get to sleep and feel happy again. As I felt this strong desire to help me Child I started to think of love. I wanted to help Glen because I love him so much. My love is imperfect, so if I felt the desire to help Glen so strongly because of my imperfect love for him, how much stronger is Heavenly Father's and Jesus Christ's desire to help us? Their love is perfect and all encompassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment