Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Thursday, August 9, 2018

My favorite days

     I love going out an playing.  Spending the day at the lake, or swimming in the ponds.  Camping is so fun and hiking or exploring the mountains  is one of my favorite things to do.  Trips to aquariums, museums, and historical places excited my love of learning.  There are so many places I enjoy being, but nothing can compare to my favorite place.  I love being home.  I love days like today when there are no play dates, no games to rush off to, no trips planned and no expected visitors.  As much as I enjoy going out, I also need days where I stay in and just enjoy my family.  These days when we all sleep in and then wake up to play have a special place for me.  They are relaxing and fun.  They give us an opportunity to spend time together and play.
     What do these days look like?  I'm tempted to invite a friend over or send the kids out to play.  I'm tempted to put on a movie, but I won't.  I want to listen to them play.  I want to enjoy the game they have made up.  I want to sit and read.  The girls might help me preserve the food we have.  We will weed and pull out board games.  It might sound kind of boring, but these really are my favorite days.  I feel like these days allow us to be who we really are.



No comments:

Post a Comment