Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Enduring

Image result for saddest looking creature ever
     It's one of those days.  One of the hard ones.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  I have worked hard to develop an optimistic outlook in life.  Maybe it's because I hate being sad, or maybe it's because I feel like I can't function as well when I am feeling down.  Sometimes I really struggle with depression, winter is really tough.  Sometimes I have a hard time seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, but it's not winter.  The sun is shining and life is exciting.  Not really, I'm just trying to be optimistic.  :D
      I had a horrible nightmare about hornets flying into my dress and stinging me on the back.  Last week I was stung 5 times in one day when a hornet got into my hair and again a week later when it flew into my scarf  before my husband took out the nest of yellow jackets near my garden.  I've developed a bit of a phobia now.  I kind of freak out when anything near me flies, especially if it is yellow.  By kind of freak out I mean screaming and crying.  I'm too scared to go out into my garden for hours a day like I was a few weeks ago.  I'm kind of afraid to even go outside which could be leading to this little bout of blue devils.
     On days like this I feel so weighed down, my mind is heavy.  I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep all day, or maybe cry.  I don't want to get up and make meals for my kids, help the little girls get dressed, clean, or play games.  School is the furthest thing from my mind.  But I have to function, it's what moms do, isn't it?  I get up, I get dressed.  I have made two meals today, sweet Benjamin is making dinner.  I've played games, read books, helped with math, science and reading.  I took Glen to the library and had the presence of mind, despite a headache, to find books for the other kids.  I have done my chores, helped the other kids with theirs, given a piano lesson,  had a little quiet time to finish the autobiography I have been reading, and I got another batch of food from my garden freeze drying.
     It is so much harder to function on blue days, but I have learned to tell myself to hang on.  I know this won't last forever.  Emotionally I can't see an end, but I have learned to use logic to help me through.  I can't say I am enduring joyfully, but I am trying. I have not given in to the urge to just sit down and cry, instead I have taken up yet another picture book to read to my insatiable book worms.  I didn't give in to the urge to let them watch TV all day so I can just sleep away the clouds, instead I have sat down to help with school work.  I'm not always good at functioning well, but it helps to remember that this won't last forever.  Tomorrow will be a little brighter, but if not, then God will help me through the next cloudy day and I will try to dance in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment