Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Line upon Line

Little miss always wants to help cook!
      July has been an absolutely insane month! I have been running around almost non stop, hardly home, feeling like we are doing everything and nothing at the same time.  Despite the stress, I feel like I have learned so much.  I feel like I have grown by leaps and bounds, it's been amazing.
     Here are a few of the highlights.
     Truth is everywhere.  Our spirits can feel when we find truth, our spirits yearn for truth.  Truth is found in every religion, truth is found is books, movies, music, the Earth, people around us.  When we find it we sometimes connect on a deep spiritual level.
     Blessing are everywhere, if you look you will find them.  Our car broke down Thursday.  One could look at being stranded in almost 100 degree whether with four kids a disaster, or, one could look for the tender mercies from God.  The 9 people who offered to help, the first one being a mechanic who fixed our car for the price of parts and next to nothing labor.  My car was stocked with food and water.  We broke down right next to a blocked off lane so there was plenty of room to pull over without blocking traffic.  We broke down very close to John's work just as he was getting off.  The list goes on.  Yes, it is hard to be cheerful and see the good in life when there are trials, but there are blessing, find them!  I promise it will help you see the sunshine on a cloudy day, or maybe you will learn to dance in the rain.
We did not have a risk board, so they made their own board.
     God answers prayers!  I was feeling so over whelmed.  How could I possibly find time to clean the house, Study the gospel. help the kids with school, without leaving the girls out, find time to pursue my own goals, work out, and do all the garden work that is needed?  There just wasn't time.  I knew better then to think the Lord would actually give me more hours in the day, but I needed more time.  I asked Him to help me prioritize, I figured I would have to give up a bunch of stuff.  Instead the Lord had me make one small adjustment to school.  I put learning back into the hands of my children.  They pursue their own interests, I'm always available to help of course, but the boys do it mostly on their own.  All of the sudden I had time for everything!  Gospel study is better then ever. The boys are learning more then ever so they aren't being neglected. The girls come to me for reading, help pursuing their interests, and play time. They are learning more then ever!  I have more time to clean, plenty of time to pursue my own interests, time to work out, time for gardening, time for games, and even a little time to be bored.  I even get to bed at a good time each night.  I know I don't really have 72 hours, but it sure feels like it.
     I know the Lord is mindful of me and of my little family.  He guides me in every aspect of my life.  He answers my prayers.  He is real!


No comments:

Post a Comment