Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, June 4, 2012

Missionary letters



Dear Uncle Walter,
What do you think about me going on a mission?  I don't want to go because it's hard, but God tells me it is good.  I love you always, Uncle Walter.  I miss you and hope you come back soon.  I wish you would come to our house.
I love you,


Dear Glen,
I want you to go on a mission!  It's hard, but so fun, and makes you happier than you can imagine!  You also learn a lot while having fun!  You also learn how to love and feel love from your Heavenly Father so much more!  I don't want to go home yet!  I love this place and this people too much!  My district leader tells me that I am too sincere in my teaching because I really care about these people out here, and want to bring many smiles to their faces. :) You get to show lots of love out here in your own way.  The Lord wants you to go on a mission because it will be better for your life than anything!  I do miss you very much, and maybe I will 'tract' into your house one day in not too long. :)
                      Sincerely your loving uncle,
Uncle Elder Hansen


 Dear Uncle Walter,
I love you.  Thank you.  I want to go on a mission because I love people. And I love you.  It's hard, but good. -Glen


This is what passed between Glen and his Uncle Walter who is on a mission.  Glen told me Sunday he didn't want to go on a mission because it was hard and immediately insisted I right to Uncle Walter to ask him what he thinks about it. I am so grateful that John's brother was so willing and prompt with his response.  I am grateful he is such a loving uncle!  As you can see Glen has changed his mind. I know it's way too early to be thinking about it, but Glen worries about big things and he doesn't stop worrying until he feels they have been resolved.  Now he isn't worrying any more.  I am going to print these letters off and keep them safe so Glen can read them again when he is older.

No comments:

Post a Comment