Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, December 6, 2010

Cute boys

Here is my little hobo. I think this picture is so funny. Glen broke the bottom out of his blocks barrel and started wearing it. This was a few months after he kept asking me to kick him out of the house because he thought it was funny to hear he tell him to "Get out of here." I was making a blanket for Benjamin birthday and Glen kept stepping on it so I told him I was going to kick him out of the house to play. I said it in a funny voice and for the next hour I had to do it again and again and if I did not kick him out he would step on the blanket to get me to say it. Silly boy.
Oh my sweet boy I have to tell you how compassionate and aware of others he is. One day I was vacuuming and Benjamin started to cry because the vacuum scared him. Glen immediately stopped what he was doing to put his arm around Benjamin and tell him it was ok, he was safe. Benjamin is no longer afraid of the vacuum because after that the two boys started playing a game to see who could get the closest and not get eaten by the vacuum. I sure do love this sweet boy of mine.

Benjamin is a climber. He can also figure things out, a dangerous past time, I know. One day he wanted to get crackers off of the table. He climbed onto a box, onto the chair, and then tot he table to get the crackers. I moved the box. He reached up, grabbed the box, put it back by the chair, and proceeded to get the crackers again. Another dsay he figured out that he could climb onto Glen's bed if he tried hard enough and from there arrange the pillows so he could climb onto the changing table, a feat of about 4 feet. He is so smart it worries me. I wonder how long baby gates will hold him.
I love Benjamin's smile in this picture. Doesn't he just look so triumphant? He climbed up there all on his own, it took him awhile with those slippery pajamas's on, but he did it and he was so proud. Now he likes to climb onto whatever he can, say "Hi!" really loud and commence telling us how totally awesome he is. :) This little guy brings me so much Joy. I am so happy that he ia a part of our family and that he has such a happy personality. He just radiates joy.
My lie would not be complete without both of my wonderful little boys. I am so grateful for them and their love and for all that they teach me. I have learned so much the past few years about the love that Heavenly Father has for us by loving my children. I know how deeply I love them and that I would do almost anything to make them happy, keep them safe, and help them, and my love in imperfect. It is but a gimps of the perfect love our Father has for us. My desires for my children are the same desires out Father has for us, only more perfect.

2 comments:

  1. two lucky children to have a good mom like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, I appreciate that. It is always nice to get a sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete