Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's worth it

A few nights ago as I tucked Glen into bed and told him I loved him he surprised me by saying back "Love you mommy." I have never heard such sweetness. I melted into a puddle right there. I picked Glen up out of his crib and held him for a few minutes longer. It is moments like this that make all of the mom struggles worth it.
Since then Glen has been asking for hugs and kisses, telling us he loves us, and I think enjoying our reaction when he does. Can I help it if I squeal and run to give him a squeeze when he says "Love you mommy," those words make my heart feel so happy, I just can't hold it all in.
In the midst of the two year old turmoil, in between all of those No!'s and tantrums there is a bit of sweetness, just enough that we keep our sanity and love it. It is the times when he says love you and gives me a hug, when Benjamin shares his binkey, when I get hurt and Glen asks if I am ok, when Benjamin smiles, it is the times like this that make me never want to trade motherhood for the world. It is times like this when it is worth it and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100000%. It a good thing you are the one good with words. You make things like that sound good. I wouldn't be able to.

    ReplyDelete