Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, April 12, 2010

Wow

All I can say about this cake is WOW! It is the best looking cake I have ever made, and also the nastiest tasting. Let me explain....
My niece Hanna's birthday is the week after Easter and since the family would be all together (minus one brother) we planned her party for Easter weekend. I wanted to make a pretty cake for her to eat, but I also wanted to accommodate everyone's allergies. To give you an idea of the difficulty in this here is a list of the families allergies.
  • Eggs
  • Milk
  • Nuts
  • Sugar
  • Gluten
  • Beef
  • strawberries
  • Apples
  • cats
  • dogs
Granted half of those are not relevant in cakes, but have you ever made a cake that is sugar free, gluten free, egg free, milk free? I consider it a major achivement that it LOOKED like a cake. And about 50% of the people that tried it liked it so it wasn't a total failure. And Jennifer (My sister and Hannah's mom) did make the cake look so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment