Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, December 11, 2009

New Christams Traditions


This year John and I started a few family traditions. I wanted to take an angel from the Angel tree to have the opportunity to help others, we were going to start this tradition next year, but somebody dropped a jar of money off on our doorstep that allowed us to start this year. This year we chose a little boy age 2 and went shopping. It is easier for me to shop for little boys since I have two myself. After a stop at kid to kid and Wal-mart we had gotten what this little boy needed and a few things he wanted. I felt good being able to serve another and I am grateful for the money that allowed us to do so.

This year I wanted to wrap gifts in newspaper to save a bit of money. That is how it started anyway. Glen had so much fun coloring the paper for the gifts that I want to do it again next year. I think this tradition will continue while my kids are small, and maybe longer. I want to get plain paper next year so the pictures are clearer. To tell the truth I had fun coloring the wrapping paper with Glen.

Merry Christmas (yes I still say Christmas)

1 comment:

  1. Your kidding. Newspaper. You realize that you'll get black stuff all over peoples hands when unwrapping.

    ReplyDelete