Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, February 13, 2009

Listening

Happy Friday the 13th everyone. So today I was talking to a friend of mine whom I love dearly, but something about her really confuses me, she often apologizes for talking about problems or things that bug her. I am confused because of two reasons, 1)listening: that is what friends are for right? and 2) listening is so easy, I wonder why people don't do it more often.
I got this picture from an article that said if people listened more it would solve a lot of societies problems, I agree. So to my kindred random spirit, I WILL always listen (except when my mind starts to wonder, but I'll try not to let it) and to any one else who needs an ear, I have two. I want to change the world, I want to make it a better place, and if I can do that by listening I will listen to anyone who needs to talk.
Now the hardest part for me is going to be shutting up long enough for someone else to talk. I can do it...I CAN do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment