Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Let Him Lift you

I had an interesting experience skiing with John last week. On one of the runs I was not able to get off the ski lift when I was supposed to so I kind of had to jump (not far) but I fell. I was trying so hard to get up, but for some reason I couldn't. A man came over to help me up. I figured it would make it easier for him if I tried to help him help me...WRONG! As we both struggled I heard John say, "Just let him help you." Here is where the Lord taught me. As soon as I stopped struggling and trying to do it my way the man was able to pull me up quickly and easily.
When we are struggling and the Lord come to give us a hand it is time to stop struggling and allow Him to help us. I know that often the Lord wants to help us, but we won't let Him. It is time to let Him lift us.

No comments:

Post a Comment