Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Monday, September 24, 2018

Exciting surprises

Image result for woodworking clipartI don't think I have ever been so excited for my birthday!  Each year I kind of dread it, I even feel anxious about it, but this year there have been surprises in the works for weeks.  First John disappeared into the shed, banning me from looking.  One by one the kids disappeared, even Abigail went to help.  They would return day after day with twinkling eyes and barely suppressed grins.  "You are going to love it, I have no idea what it is, but it's awesome!"  Then the boys disappeared all on their own and spent a few days working on some secret that I'm not allowed to know about.  Finally Elizabeth begins her own project, with Daddy's help.  There is much hammering and painting, many whispers and giggles.  My family was here over the weekend and my nephew helped finish up the super secret surprise and John proudly took my mom, dad, and sister out to show them what they had created.  Somehow my mother in law is in on it also, whatever "it" is.  I called to say hi yesterday and she asked to talk to John about something I wasn't allowed to hear. Were they talking in code?  I even had a friend from down the street call today and ask if my kids could come down for a few hours to work on something for me.  I feel so loved.  All of the happiness from my kids, their excitement and barely contained secrets are making me more excited then I have ever been for my birthday.  Tomorrow promises to be a wonderful day.  Now, if I can just remember how old I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment