Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Chicago temple

 Saturday we went to the Chicago temple, it's a little further then the Kentucky temple, but I wanted to make the trip to add a stamp to my passport.  I have 10 now!  It was BEAUTIFUL!  I envy my brother who served his mission there.  The ladies were so friendly and after I finished with initiatory they found me a dress so I could go sit in the celestial room.  The feeling of peace was so overwhelming.  When it came time to change and go I didn't want to leave!  I started to tear up at the thought of leaving, but John wanted his turn and I needed to go get the kids for that.
It turns out Chicago and Fishers are in different time zones and with the confusion John was an hour late, that NEVER HAPPENS!  Since I had time to kill and can't stand sitting with nothing to do I went over to the distribution center and volunteered to help out.  I had fun chatting with the sisters there while I steamed dresses for them.
After John got there we traded off and i took the boys in to see the small part of the temple they are allowed to see right now.  They loved it and when I told them about the Indiana temple being complete soon and that they can see the whole thing, even the marriage room they got so excited! Next, the kids and I headed to the library.  The Glenview library is less then 10 minutes from the temple and it is HUGE!  When we drove up and saw how big it was this is what was heard in the car, Me: "It's so big!" Benjamin "It has a parking garage!" Glen "So many books!"  It was truly amazing, the best library I have ever been to.  They have these fake trees that looked so real and there were shelves of games that you could check out and take home.  We didn't have a card, nor could we return things by the time they were due, but that was ok because they had more.  There were computers with kindergarten learning games,  tables of puzzles, Duplo Legos, games, and even a fire house/doll house.  The kids had so much fun there, we didn't want to leave!  There was also a play ground right outside the library that was awesome and we could see a train stop with a lot of trains passing through.
Again with the time difference I was an hour late picking John up because I got really confused.  We all agreed that it was the best temple trip we have had and we want to go back!


1 comment:

  1. Chicago Temple was my temple when I was a teenager! I remember going to the open house and dedication and my parents were so excited to have a temple only 8-hours away, instead of the 24-hours they'd had to drive to one before.

    ReplyDelete