Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, September 9, 2012

So Blessed

Today during church as I tried to get two little, energy filled boys to sit still and be reverent instead of playing, laughing, or running up to daddy who was helping pass the sacrament I started to feel a little frazzled.  I mean that tough stuff.  But at some point they both calmed down and sat quietly next to me, one on each side.  As I sat there holding my boys I suddenly felt so full of love, so very blessed.  I felt like my blessing were overflowing.  Maybe it's because they were finally settled down and quiet, maybe it was the spirit of the meeting, or maybe it was Heavenly Father reminding me to slow down and enjoy them.  Maybe it was all of it.
And so I sat there and just enjoyed the moment.  Lately I have been so busy, running form one place tot he next.  Trying to can, get Glen to school, keep the house clean, have good quality learning time with both kids, bake, serve,...the list is endless really.  I just wanted to enjoy this moment.  I wanted to hug them and kiss their heads and just enjoy how blessed I am.  With one boy on each side and a little one in the middle (sort of :) I just wanted to enjoy it, so I did.  And then it was back to tying to keep the calm and quiet.
Well, as I sat here a minute ago thinking of all the things I have to do tomorrow, finish canning the peaches, clean the house, take Glen to and from school, learning time, make dinner for my neighbor, and finish decorating the cupcakes..I'm sure there is more, I realized I just can't do it all.  I have been so busy that I have not taken the time to enjoy my life, my sweet boys, or see how blessed I am.  I prioritized, and I hope I did it right.  Some things are good, and some things are better.  I have to make sure I have not filled my time with so many good things that I am leaving out the best things.  With soccer starting soon that is one more thing, then a new baby, then I need to start volunteering in Glen's class.  Some of these things are going to have to take a back seat so I can enjoy my life and my boys.  I realized I have stopped reading them stories and playing with them.  How could I let that happen, how could I let myself get so busy that I stopped giving them the time and attention they need?
I am so grateful for that moment in church today when Heavenly Father reminded me to slow down and take the time to love them.  Formal learning time has taken a back seat, but at least now I will have time to teach them about love, and service, and the Spirit.  I truly am so blessed, and I do not want to be so busy that I fail to see all my blessings, especially my two biggest little blessings.  My sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment