Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A humbling message

Today I was feeling sorry for myself. I missed my husband who is gone 12 hours a day 5 days a week and 8 hours two other days. My house was a mess because I had hurt my back and was unable to do anything for a week. My kids were grumpy, and dinner was going to be late. Man I sure felt like I had it hard. Then this song came on, and I just thought "Wow!" I mean, I have it easy. My husband comes home every night, some times late, but some times early. I have never been months without him as he sits is a cold jail. I have never worried that I would never see him alive again. I have never had to stand by helpless as he is beaten. My kids may be grumpy, but they are alive. I have never had to bury one and I know that they will live long healthy lives. My home may be messy, but I have a home. A home that is warm, that I have never and will never be driven from. I am so blessed, and tonight, I feel so humble and so grateful for all that I have. I am grateful for this reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment