Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Elizabeth

I have to admit something I have been denying, avoiding even, for days.  Elizabeth isn't a toddler any more.  My baby is growing up and it makes my heart ache.  I miss her babyness and her chubby little legs.  I miss her uncoordinated attempts to run and dance.  In her place I am left with this beautiful, graceful child.  As I watch her run, dance and twirl, climb, talk, and curtsy I see brief glimpses of the young woman she will become.  It fills me with hope and puts a band aide on my aching heart.  Elizabeth is...amazing.  There is really no other word for her.  She will put on a Cinderella dress and clean up a mess.  She will run for diapers and wipes when I find I am out.  She will help Abigail wash her hands, wipe her nose, or clean up when she spills water.  She is my princess, mini me, little mother, ballerina, rough and tumble, play in the dirt in a tutu, climb every tree she can girl.  I can't believe how she has grown and I am so proud of her beauty, grace, love, patience and service.  I feel so blessed to be her mother and I look forward, with great anticipation, to the years ahead.  I hope she will always be my best friend and giver of the best morning hugs.

1 comment: