Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Musings from the dentist's chair




 Yesterday I was at the dentist for 6 1/2 hours, no, that wasn't a typo, 6 1/2 hours!  I had a lot of time with my thoughts. Can you guess what I was thinking?  I was thinking about my kids, more specifically, the day they were born.
There is no experience quite like going into labor.  I was thinking as I lay there that there is nothing to compare to the excruciating pain of giving birth and then the immediate joy of holding that sweet baby in your arms.  The joy is so great, so wonderful that I immediately forgot about the months of misery and the hours of pain it took to get that sweet baby here.  Right after the thought that nothing can compare a scripture came to my mind.  The Lord was going to teach me.
Alma 36:21 is the scripture that came to my mind.  Alma the younger is telling his son about how he had rebelled and led people away from the church.  He told him about seeing an angel and the torment and fear he felt when he thought he was going to meet his maker.  Then he remembered what his father had taught his about repentance and he prayed for forgiveness.  Then in verse 21 he tells his son, "Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy."  How sweet is the joy of repentance.  I am grateful for the knowledge I have that I can repent of my sins and be forgiven.
Now for a test, ready?  Can you figure out who is who in these baby pictures?




No comments:

Post a Comment