Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, July 18, 2014

Beautiful

This is me.  Hi world!
I'm about to talk about a sensitive subject, so fasten your seat belt.  There are so many articles, opinions, and rules about what we can and cannot say about beauty, especially to young girls, I thought I'd add my two cents.
I'm no great beauty as you can see, I'm quite plain, except for that gorgeous hair, sweet smile, my feet and finger nails, those are awesome.  My husband get mad at me whenever I say I'm plain or anything that could even be construed as putting myself down.  What he doesn't understand is that when I say I'm plain or chubby, or I look bad I'm not putting myself down, I'm making an observation.  I am over weight, it's a fact.  I don't mind though because my kids mean more to me then being skinny.  I got this body bearing my babies and I wouldn't go back to that slim thing I was before I got married...unless I could keep the kids too, that would be cool.  I also don't mind being plain, usually.  I like who I am, I am ok with the way I look.  I have yet to love the way I look, but I'm working on it.  Why do I say this?
In about 3 seconds you will be two cents richer because here it is.  I think beauty boils down to two things.  Comparisons and confidence.  Two C's, two cents, hahaha, that's fun...I like words, but back to what I was saying.  I am beautiful because I am me, not because I am me trying to be her.  I don't compare myself to others and I am comfortable in my own skin.  Think of your idea of a beautiful woman or handsome man and then ask yourself this, if they lack confidence do they feel beautiful?  Nope.  Beauty is on the inside, it is about the way we act, but it's also about the way we feel.
I have two girls so this while beauty thing has been on my mind a lot.  I want them to feel beautiful.  My genes probably won't help them with the worldly side of beauty, but I hope that my smarts can help them.  If I can teach them confidence, if I can teach them to love themselves, and be comfortable in their own skin, then they will be beautiful no matter what they look like.
Think of the most attractive person you know, not the hot movie star, a real person you are attracted to.  I use the word literally, not in the I want to date you way, but the are you drawn tot hem way.  You are attracted to this person, or drawn to them for a reason.  Usually that reason in confidence, it really does make a person more beautiful because they feel beautiful.
Our bodies are beautiful, amazing creation that God has given us.  He asks us to take care of them, but he doesn't compare us or judge our beauty.  There are no beauty pageants in Heaven.  We are divine and because we are His, because we are wonderful and amazing then we are beautiful.  There are as many shades of beauty as there are shades of color, each one different and unique, but still beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment