Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Holidays

I love holidays.  All holidays, especially the small ones.  Yesterday was Dr. Suess day, unless you teach school of have a child in school, I bet you didn't know that.  Dr. Suess day is one of my favorite days though.  Every year we have green eggs and ham, and this year we added in some thing one and thing two cupcakes.






I guess the reason I like the small holidays so much is that I like any excuse to bake and do fun stuff with my kids.  And I really like making food fun.  The other day I made a cake for dinner.  I made the meat loaf in two round cake pans and frosted it in mashed potatoes.  The kids were so excited that we were having cake for dinner, and they loved how fun it was even when it turned out to be real food and not chocolate cake.

So anyway, Dr. Suess day was a lot of fun, we had green eggs and ham for dinner, we made thing cupcakes together, and we read Dr. Suess books all day long.  It was a lot of fun to take some of the cupcakes to our friends too.  They didn't know it was Dr. Suess day... their kids did though.  :)  I must be a kid still.  Now I am looking forward to Pi day.  Should I make a square pie?
I hope that my kids look back on all my silly little holiday traditions with fondness.  I hope that the heart shaped pancakes, thing cupcakes, meat loaf cakes, and candles in all their food on birthday are good memories for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment