Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Book of Mormon according to Glen

Glen has developed a great love for the scriptures. Most of the day he can be found carrying around his Book of Mormon story book. He is always asking me to read him the scriptures, he wants stories from his book or from Mommy's Book of Mormon.
When we pull out my copy the first thing he wants to do is look at the picture of Jesus (which is no longer a part of my scriptures but a well loved picture he carries around.) As we read further Glen discovered other pictures.
And I Nephi having been born of Santa...
We have been reading about Nephi recently, Glen loves Nephi. If you ask him he will tell you all about this picture. There is Nehpi, his younger brother Jacob, and their father Santa. (ya, we're working on that.) Glen alternates between Santa and Jesus for Lehi.
The other day Glen was playing in his room when it got really quiet, quiet means touble so I went to check on him. I found Glen sitting in the rocking chair reading the scriptures. He was flipping through the book saying "Esus, Aphi, Jagger, Benja" which being translated means "Jesus, Nephi, Jacob, Benjamin."
I am grateful Glen has such a love for the scriptures. He has helped me have a greater love for them and encouraged (or demanded) me to read more often. The scriptures are an important part of our lives and we have found joy starting, ending, and filling each day with the scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment