Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Friday, January 22, 2010

The big pear and Family prayer

Last night for a snack Glen had a pear. I cut most of the pair up into smaller pieces to make them easier for Glen to eat. Then I left part of the pair intact so that John or I could eat it. I went to put the knife in the sink and when I turned back Glen was munching on the big piece of pear I had left uncut. I said "I go to all the trouble of cutting up the pear for you to make it easier to eat and you just have to go for the big piece, huh?" and he replies "ah, ya!"
John and I sure got a good laugh our of that. Not as good as prayer the other day though. We had just begun family prayer and I didn't get further then "Dear Heavenly Father" before Glen lets out the biggest burp I have ever heard. I swear it measured on the Richter scale. I tried so hard to just ignore it and continue to pray, but it's hard to pray out loud when you are holding your breath trying not to laugh. I finally gave up, opened my eyes to see John watching my face turn red, and we laughed together. We laughed so hard and Glen was looking at us like "What's so funny?" Then he started to laugh because we were. After a few minutes we calmed down and started the prayer over again. Ah they joys of having kids. Never a dull moment. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment