Home is where your heart is

Home is where your heart is

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Reflections

I have been thinking today, a dangerous past time, I know... I had such a great day today. I wasn't stressed or impatient, I wasn't irritated easily, or counting down to nap and bed. Why? My house was a mess, Glen threw some major fits at the library and store, and John was late getting home from work, so why was today so great?
I know the reason, I have known it for a while, but I keep forgetting. I should stop making fun of the people in the Old Testament for being so quick to forget the Lord, because I am right there with them. Today was such a great day because I woke up earlier then the kids to read scriptures ans pray. I did something to make my husband happy before he left for work and when the kids woke up I put away the book I had been reading. Then all day we spent time together, doing chores, during meals, playing, running errands, reading, talking, hugging, and learning about the gospel.
I have discovered over and over again, I hope someday to stop forgetting this, that when my focus is on spending time with the kids, teaching them, doing as the Lord would have me do that my days are wonderful. Whole weeks will go by where I do not lose my temper or become irritated all because I put the Lord and my children first. When I put way the book and the computer, when I stop spending so much time on the phone and more time with them we all have better days.
Even when the house is a mess and the kids are cranky I do not feel stressed, and when I do not feel stressed I am a better mother and wife. I find I can discipline without anger, teach with patience, and get more done around the house. When I focus on what is the most important and put the important things first every one is happier.

1 comment: